Saturday, April 18, 2015

Day 83: write a scene from a play

#83 Write a scene from a play drawing from any previous material/prompts

A man and a woman sitting in a crowded cafe

Her
You do. You touch your fly when you come out.

Him
No, I don't. I don't do that.

Her
Every time.

Him
You're watching my crotch every time I step out of the bathroom?

Her
The movement of your hand draws my eye.

Him
Perv.

Her
It's almost delicate the way you do it. It's sort of sweet. Your fingers -

Him
No.

Her
No?

Him
No. No it is not delicate the way I touch my fly. Because, and anyway, I didn't touch my fly just now.

Her
You did. You do. Every time.

Him
I was probably smoothing my shirt.

Her
Mm.

Him
Look, if I touched my crotch, you'd know. It wouldn't be some delicate, skulking maneuver. It would be firm and masculine adjustment.

Her
Yes, I imagine it would be.





No comments:

Post a Comment