Thursday, May 28, 2015

Day 93: Re-arrange parts randomly

#93 Re-arrange parts randomly. Improvise "set" or saved material to breathe new life into it.

So, I don't really have set or saved material. And my enthusiasm for phrase-making remains as limp as ever. But then this happened: I read this prompt a couple of days a go and didn't get around to doing it until today. And when I did, I mis-remembered it. Somehow the word "improvise" - my favorite word when it comes to prompts - got lost. I thought I was making another phrase. I reconciled myself to it. I thought about Susan Rethorst's "wrecking" process, where you invite another choreographer to come in and wreck your material. Maybe I could wreck my own. Even though I don't remember any of it.

I dug back through the handful of phrases that I've created, and pulled a few little bits here and there and, voila! New phrase! More or less.



No comments:

Post a Comment